The Word Whore - (warning bad words ahead)

Let's talk about the word whore for a second here.  Man, well some women too, keep throwing it around as insult.  But I really don't think it is.  I know that many,if not most, women involved in the sex trade have serious issues with drug abuse, phyiscal abuse, and mental illness.  I know that many of these women have been forced to this job because of a varity of factors including abuse, poverty, or being sold into the business.  In no way, do I mean to diminish that.  I aslo know that the pimp takes most of the money.

I just don't think the men who throw the word "whore" has an insult are really thinking about all that.  Maybe they are, but I doubt it.

In a strict defination sense, a whore gets paid for sexual services, and this is the defination that most of those insulting men seem to be using (most often with the term suck cock).   A john is the man that pays for said services.

Isn't it worse to be a john?  I mean, you have to pay someone to have sex with you.  A whore gets paid.

Maybe we should call such really bad men Johns?  Maybe we should claim the word whore?