1. Destiny Disrupted by Tamim Ansay
History with a Muslim focus.
2. 1491 New Revelations of the Americas Before Columbus
A look at America before the Europeans showed up.
3. Silent Spring by Rachel Carson
While this book is more about the environment, it is extremely important to history as well.
4. The Analects by Confucius
5. The Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith
6. The Art of War by SUn Tzu
7. The Baurnama edited by W. M. Thackston Jr.
memoir of the founder of the Mughal Empire.
8. Lose Your Mother by Saidiya Hartman
Part memoir, part history, part travel. Hartman's journey is about finding her past and confronting slavery.
9. A Century of Dishonor by Helen Hunt Dishonor
Jackson was one of the first authors (white, established) to publicly call out the US government's treatment of Native Americans.
10 A Very Expensive Poison by Luke Harding
Concerns the famous poisoning case of Litvienko
11. The Romavs by Simon Sebag Montefiore
A good history of the Tsars
12. Northern Armageddon by D Peter MacLeod
Battle of Quebec
13. As Long as the Grass Grows by Dina Gilio-Whitaker
Native Americans and history of environment/land justice
14. Spying on the South, Voyage Long and Strange, and Confederates in the Attic by Tony Horwitz
15. Chaucer's Knight and Who Murdered Chaucer by Terry Jone
The first changed Chaucer criticism, the second is really interesting.
16. Trials of Oscar Wilde by Hyde
They have been added to the doc.